- What is your favorite word? Can’t pick one. At this moment, inexorable.
- What is your least favorite word? Stupid. It’s a kid’s insult. Adults can do better.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Music. People. People who play music. Puzzles. Language. Conversation. Well-read folks.
- What turns you off? Reticence.
- What is your favorite curse word? B****. Depending on the context, it can denigrate a woman or be a term of female empowerment.
- What sound or noise do you love? My kids laughing. My voice in the shower. The ocean.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Whining.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I was a journalist, so I guess I can’t use that. I would have given rock band singer a real go if I hadn’t been so scared of failure, disappointment, and extreme poverty—in that order.
- What profession would you not like to do? Cattle Rancher.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Let me show you to your family. Or, close second, you earned some good karma in the past life.
Lies She Told
Crooked Lane Books (September 12, 2017)
Hardcover: 288 pages
Sometimes the truth is darker than fiction.
Liza Cole has thirty days to write the thriller that could put her back on the bestseller list. In the meantime, she’s struggling to start a family with her husband, who is distracted by the disappearance of his best friend, Nick. With stresses weighing her down in both her professional and her personal lives, Liza escapes into writing her latest heroine, Beth.
Beth is a new mother who suspects her husband is cheating on her while she’s home alone caring for their newborn. Angry and betrayed, she sets out to catch him in the act and make him pay for shattering the illusion of their perfect life. But before she realizes it, she’s tossing the body of her husband’s mistress into the East River.
Then the lines between fiction and reality begin to blur. Nick’s body is dragged from the same river and Liza’s husband is arrested for his murder. Before her deadline is up, Liza will have to face up to the truths about the people around her, including herself. If she doesn’t, the end of her heroine’s story could be the end of her own.
About The Author
Cate Holahan, author of the acclaimed psychological suspense novel The Widower’s Wife, is an award-winning journalist and a former television producer. She currently lives in New Jersey with her husband and two children.
September 5 – Laura’s Interests – SPOTLIGHT
September 5 – Readsalot – GUEST POST
September 6 – A Holland Reads – CHARACTER GUEST POST, SPOTLIGHT
September 7 – Girl with Book Lungs – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
September 8 – Nadaness In Motion – REVIEW
September 9 – 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, &, Sissy, Too! – SPOTLIGHT
September 10 – Cassidy’s Bookshelves – REVIEW
September 11 – Must Read Faster – REVIEW
September 12 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
September 13 – Island Confidential – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
September 14 – Queen of All She Reads – REVIEW
September 14 – That’s What She’s Reading – REVIEW, GUEST POST
September 15 – Storeybook Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – SPOTLIGHT
September 16 – The Book’s the Thing – REVIEW
September 16 – Mystery Thrillers and Romantic Suspense Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
September 17 – A Blue Million Books – INTERVIEW
September 18 – Brooke Blogs – REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
September 18 – Books Direct – REVIEW
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?