- What is your favorite word? My favorite word has to be “moist.” People have such a visceral response to this word—mostly pure, unadulterated hatred. As my son likes to say at Thanksgiving, “May your turkey be moist, and may no one use that term to describe it.” Pretty much sums up this poor, maligned adjective.
- What is your least favorite word? My least favorite word is “that,” simply because I overuse it and am trying desperately to eradicate it. Or should I say “that”?
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? I love to immerse myself in others’ creative pursuits. Inspiration is everywhere, whether in the usual suspects, like books, art and movies, or in the ad copy on your favorite box of cereal or a creative solution to a cringe-inducing social situation. I’m always on the hunt for the creative, the new, the inspired. They feed my mind and my spirit.
- What turns you off? Unkindness in any form. Life’s too short for us to be anything but good to one another.
- What is your favorite curse word? I don’t have a favorite curse word. I like to rotate them to keep them fresh. I’m a big believer in curse word equality. 🙂
- What sound or noise do you love? I love the glub-glub-glub sound of wine being poured from a freshly opened bottle. Heaven!
- What sound or noise do you hate? For me, there is no sadder sound than that of the alarm going off each morning. Saying I’m not a morning person is a serious understatement on par with “Lindsay Lohan has made some bad choices.” No matter which alarm effect I choose, it’s never a welcome sound.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? My dad always wanted me to be an optometrist, I think because I’d get to be called “doctor” and would—in theory—have few, if any, after-hours emergencies. Although I eschewed the idea as a college student, there’s something appealing about helping someone dial in his or her best vision. It’s a nice analogy for what authors do—especially the mystery variety. We bring readers incrementally closer to seeing what’s really going on. Maybe I’ll insist my friends call me “doctor,” just for fun.
- What profession would you not like to do? I very much admire those in the medical profession, but am the first to admit I don’t have the stomach for it. I’d probably end up crying right along with my patients!
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Better late than never.” (I intend on living a long life!)
About the Author
When Kathleen isn’t writing page-turning mysteries that combine humor and suspense, she works as a nationally award-winning copywriter. She lives in Oregon with her family where she pretends to enjoy running. Protocol is her debut novel and the first of the Maggie O’Malley mystery series.
About the Book
Freshly minted college graduate Maggie O’Malley embarks on a career fueled by professional ambition and a desire to escape the past. As a pharmaceutical researcher, she’s determined to save lives from the shelter of her lab. But on her very first day she’s pulled into a world of uncertainty. Reminders appear on her phone for meetings she’s never scheduled with people she’s never met. People who end up dead.
With help from her best friend, Maggie discovers the victims on her phone are connected to each other and her new employer. She soon unearths a treacherous plot that threatens her mission—and her life. Maggie must unlock deadly secrets to stop horrific abuses of power before death comes calling for her.
September 5 – Cozy Up With Kathy – INTERVIEW
September 6 – My Reading Journeys – REVIEW, EXCERPT
September 7 – A Holland Reads – CHARACTER GUEST POST
September 8 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
September 9 – Reading Is My SuperPower – REVIEW
September 10 – 3 Partners in Shopping, Nana, Mommy, &, Sissy, Too! – SPOTLIGHT
September 11 – Jane Reads – REVIEW, GUEST POST
September 12 – Girl with Book Lungs – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
September 13 – Island Confidential – INTERVIEW
September 14 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book – REVIEW
September 15 – A Blue Million Books – CHARACTER GUEST POST, EXCERPT
September 16 – Lori’s Reading Corner – GUEST POST
September 17 – Socrates Book Reviews – REVIEW
September 18 – Because I said so — and other adventures in Parenting – REVIEW
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?