- What is your favorite word? “Hope.” No, “freedom.” I take that back. Actually, it’s “no more dieting.” Wait, that’s three words. Um, “fat free?” Hells.Wait, I’ve done this with James. What did I say? I was only nineteen . . . “Tequila?” That can’t be right.
Got it. “Hinky.” That’s Nash’s line, but can’t I use it too?
- What is your least favorite word? “Rules.” Wyatt Nash has a lot of them. They include no talking about the industry and no hugging. Which is totally ridiculous, right? Who doesn’t need a hug sometimes? Although my least favorite word should be “missing woman.” I know that’s two words, but it’s a sore point with me right now.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Lately it’s Paul Newman eyes and a brawny back with a Jessica Rabbit tat on the left delt. Wait, what?
- What turns you off? People selling me out to the paparazzi. People including my mother.
- What is your favorite curse word? Schizzles.
- What sound or noise do you love? The donut shop below Nash Security Solutions. Schizzles, that’s a smell, not a sound. God, I’m bad at this, aren’t I?
- What sound or noise do you hate? The stupid engine on the stupid dirt bike I’m driving instead of my cute Jag repo’d by Vicki.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Not acting or modeling. Got that t-shirt and took it with me to rehab. I gave all that up to follow my dream of becoming a private investigator. Just like Julia Pinkerton, Teen Detective, my biggest role. Yes, I know she’s fictional.
- What profession would you not like to do? Acting or modeling.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? That was a close one.
Want more from Maizie? Check out 15 Minutes by Larissa Reinhart!
Download and read the first 4 chapters of 15 MINUTES free here (no signup necessary).
#10days #findthewoman #getthejob #doNOTfallinlove
“Child star and hilarious hot mess Maizie Albright trades Hollywood for the backwoods of Georgia and pure delight ensues. Maizie’s my new favorite escape from reality.”
— Gretchen Archer, USA Today bestselling author of the Davis Way Crime Caper series
When ex-teen star Maizie Albright returns to her Southern hometown of Black Pine, Georgia, she hoped to rid herself of Hollywood tabloid and reality show hell for a new career as a private investigator. Instead, Hollyweird follows her home. Maizie’s costar crushing, but now for her gumshoe boss. Her stage-monster mother still demands screen time. Her latest rival wants her kicked off the set, preferably back to a California prison.
By entangling herself in a missing person’s case, she must reprise her most famous role. The job will demand a performance of a lifetime. But this time, the stakes are real and may prove deadly.
A 2015 Georgia Author of the Year Best Mystery finalist, Larissa writes the Cherry Tucker Mystery and Maizie Albright Star Detective series. The first in the Cherry Tucker series, Portrait of a Dead Guy, is a 2012 Daphne du Maurier finalist, 2012 The Emily finalist, and 2011 Dixie Kane Memorial winner. She loves books, food, and travel in any and all combinations.
Her family and Cairn Terrier, Biscuit, live in Nagoya, Japan, but they still call Georgia home. You can see them on HGTV’s House Hunters International “Living for the Weekend in Nagoya” episode. Visit her website, find her chatting on Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads, and sign up for her newsletter at http://smarturl.it/larissanewsletter.
Newsletter signup: http://smarturl.it/larissanewsletter
Friend me: https://www.facebook.com/larissareinhartwriter
Watch me: http://instagram.com/larissareinhart
Follow me: https://twitter.com/LarissaReinhart
Read with me: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5806614.Larissa_Reinhart
Chat with me: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mysteryminions/
Follow my books: http://smarturl.it/LarissaBookbub
Reblogged this on Larissa Reinhart and commented:
Inside the Author’s Studio: An Interview with Maizie Albright Star Detective
Jenna, thank you so much for having Maizie Albright on! (So sorry I got the date wrong!) This was so much fun and such a cool idea! xoxo