We have a very special guest today for Inside the Author’s Studio – Tj Jensen!
Tj is the creation of author Kathi Daley.
- What is your favorite word? Family. I live in a log home with a large and sometimes complicated family. My grandfather Ben Jensen built the house for my grandmother Maggie. After my mom left and Maggie died, I was raised in this house by my grandfather and father Mike. Three years ago, my mother died and two half sisters I barely knew, Ashley and Gracie, moved in with Grandpa, Dad, and I, making for a large and noisy family that means the world to me.
- What is your least favorite word? Betrayal. As a physical education teacher and high school coach, I come into contact with a lot of people. During the course of the past few years, I have become involved in several murder investigations. The worst investigations by far are the ones where the person responsible for the death of the person I was close to turns out to be someone I know and love.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Friendship. I am lucky to have not only a large and loving family but a large network of friends who love and support me through both my victories and failures. My friends are my strength and it is when I am with my friends that I feel the most connected and energized.
- What turns you off? Bullying and people who are cruel to others. Unfortunately working in a high school I see this more than I’d like.
- What is your favorite curse word? Damn. I don’t curse a lot but when I do damn is the word I use. (I do after all live in a cozy mystery world.)
- What sound or noise do you love? Rain or the ocean. It’s really a tie.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Anything loud. I live in the mountains where I can embrace the quiet.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Some people think I make a pretty good private eye.
- What profession would you not like to do? Princess. What a burden it would be to have your whole life planned for you.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome. Every person and animal you have loved and lost are here waiting for you.
Kathi Daley lives with her husband, kids, grandkids, and dogs in beautiful Lake Tahoe. When she isn’t writing, Kathi likes to read (preferably at the beach or by the fire), cook (preferably something with chocolate or cheese,) and garden (planting and planning not weeding). She also enjoys spending time on the water when she’s not hiking, biking, or snowshoeing, the miles of desolate trails surrounding her home.
Kathi uses the mountain setting in which she lives, along with the animals (wild and domestic) that share her home, as inspiration for her cozy mysteries.
Be sure to check out Tj’s adventures in SNOWMEN IN PARADISE!
Want to win a copy of your own? Fill out the form below for your chance!
(1 copy available; print or e-copy – winner’s choice.
Non-U.S. winners will receive an electronic copy.)
Winner to be drawn February 4; notification via email.