I’m so excited to share that Melissa from Literary Book Gifts is here on the blog today! Melissa’s site is filled with a wonderful selection of t-shirts and tote bags from Jane Austen to Edgar Allen Poe. She designs all of her work in house and crafts each piece with care.
Exclusively for blog readers, Melissa has created a special promo code good for 20% off anything in her store: no minimum purchase required, and NO expiration date! How awesome is that? Simply shop at literarybookgifts.com and use code GIRLWITHBOOKLUNGS20.
Now, to the Artist’s Studio!
- What is your current state of mind? A bit excited, and somewhat hopeful. The holidays are coming up soon and that’s something I always enjoy.
- What is your favorite word? Treacherous. I feel like it describes so many situations and I also like the way it sounds.
- What is your least favorite word? Moist. I don’t like the way it sounds.
- What is your idea of perfect happiness? Probably not having to worry about anything anymore.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Claude Monet, or any of the other artists from the impressionist movement.
- Which living person do you most admire? I really admire J. K. Rowling. She wrote the hit series Harry Potter that we all know and love, but has since continued to write less mainstream books for many different genres and age groups.
- What is your greatest extravagance? Sparkling water. I love the fizzy feeling you get in your mouth when you drink it.
- What is your favorite journey? J. M. Barrie’s journey to Neverland in Peter Pan. I really love that they can fly.
- On what occasion do you lie? Sometimes, not too often. In the case of a telemarketer I will always lie and say I’m too busy.
- What is your greatest regret? Not starting writing when I was much younger. I’ve learned that it takes a lot of time with trial and error to do anything. I feel like I would be a much better writer if I had started a long time ago.
- Where would you most like to live? Somewhere warm, perhaps on the west coast.
- Who or what is the greatest love of your life? I would say literature and reading comes first with art history at a close second.
- When and where were you happiest? On a fun vacation to Disneyland with my family.
- Which talent would you most like to have? I would love to be able to write well. To have a strong grasp over narrative and storytelling is quite a useful skill in today’s society.
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d like to not be so addicted to technology. I think sometimes I spend far too much time on my phone and computer that I miss some of the great aspects of our natural surroundings.
- Who is your favorite hero of fiction? The knight Don Quixote from Miguel de Cervantes’s classic novel.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’d like to be an author.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Getting the store Literary Book Gifts and all it’s designs up and running.
- What is your personal motto? Do what you love and work hard!
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Relax, there is nothing left to worry about.”
Melissa Chan is the designer at Literary Book Gifts, the online gift shop for book lovers. With a wide range of totes and tees there is something for everyone in the collection to enjoy! The exclusive code GIRLWITHBOOKLUNGS20 can be used for 20% anything in the store. This coupon code does not expire.