Today we are Inside the Author’s Studio with the grandmother of A Cajun Christmas Killing‘s Maggie Crozat. Grandmere, take it away!
- What is your favorite word? Sazerac.
- What is your least favorite word? Trendy.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? My beloved family. And Sazeracs.
- What turns you off? Pretension, hypocrisy, and self-righteousness.
- What is your favorite curse word? Oh chere, a lady never curses. Unless she takes a creative approach. I’ve been known to let loose with a few “shi—ver me timbers” in my day.
- What sound or noise do you love? The murmur of happy chatter from our Crozat Plantation B&B guests getting to know each other.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Rap. It’s not music!
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Well, to be completely honest . . . I’ve always thought it would be rather fun to be a burlesque dancer.
- What profession would you not like to do? Be a rapper. It’s not music!
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Charlotte, you look spectacular for a hundred and fifty!”
Read more from Grandmere and the whole Crozat family in the Cajun Country Mystery Series by Ellen Byron: