- What is your favorite word? Mysterious.
- What is your least favorite word? Patriarchy.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Reading a fabulous book.
- What turns you off? Condescension.
- What’s your favorite curse word? Crap!
- What sound or noise do you love? The bells of the campanile.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Packing up before class is over.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Fiction writer.
- What profession would you not like to do? Anything involving a hard hat. Not because of the work itself—just because of the hard hat.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Come on in; the library is to the left.
The Art of Vanishing (A Lila Maclean Academic Mystery)
Publisher: Henery Press (February 28, 2017)
Paperback: 262 pages
Kindle – ASIN: B01NBHR7Y6
When Professor Lila Maclean is sent to interview celebrated author and notorious cad Damon Von Tussel, he disappears before her very eyes. The English department is thrown into chaos by the news, as Damon is supposed to headline Stonedale University’s upcoming Arts Week.
The chancellor makes it clear that he expects Lila to locate the writer and set events back on track immediately. But someone appears to have a different plan: strange warnings are received, valuable items go missing, and a series of dangerous incidents threaten the lives of Stonedale’s guests. After her beloved mother, who happens to be Damon’s ex, rushes onto campus and into harm’s way, Lila has even more reason to bring the culprit to light before anything—or anyone—else vanishes.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Cynthia Kuhn writes the Lila Maclean academic mystery series. Her work has appeared in McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern, Literary Mama, Copper Nickel, Prick of the Spindle, Mama PhD and other publications. She teaches English at Metropolitan State University of Denver and serves as president of Sisters in Crime-Colorado. Visit her at cynthiakuhn.net or @cynthiakuhn.
March 1 – T’s Stuff – INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
March 1 – Bibliophile Reviews – REVIEW
March 2 – Queen of All She Reads – CHARACTER INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
March 2 – Sleuth Cafe – SPOTLIGHT
March 3 – Books Direct – INTERVIEW
March 3 – Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers – SPOTLIGHT
March 4 – Mystery Playground – INTERVIEW
March 5 – The Editing Pen – INTERVIEW
March 6 – Maureen’s Musings – REVIEW
March 6 – View from the Birdhouse – SPOTLIGHT
March 7 – My Journey Back – REVIEW, INTERVIEW
March 7 – Shelley’s Book Case – REVIEW
March 8 – Pulp and Mystery Shelf – INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
March 9 – Girl with Book Lungs – CHARACTER INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
March 10 – Rainy Day Reviews – REVIEW, INTERVIEW
March 10 – Island Confidential – CHARACTER INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
March 11 – Connie’s History Classroom – REVIEW
March 11 – Books,Dreams,Life – SPOTLIGHT
March 12 – Varietats – REVIEW
March 12 – Babs Book Bistro – CHARACTER INTERVIEW, SPOTLIGHT
March 13 – Celticlady’s Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
March 14 – StoreyBook Reviews – REVIEW
March 14 – A Blue Million Books – CHARACTER INTERVIEW