- What is your favorite word? Crisp. I love the hard and soft consonants of it, the elision, and the onomatopoeia. And it is also how I prefer my fall leaves, lettuce, and dialogue.
- What is your least favorite word? Pustule.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually, or emotionally? Kindness. Humor. Intelligence. Vocabulary, if we’re honest. (I often tell my husband he wooed me with verbiage.)
- What turns you off? Hypocrisy. Willful ignorance. Prejudice against any “other.” Bad teeth. (Shallow, but there it is.)
- What is your favorite curse word? Fuck. It’s succinct and has that satisfying hard, bitten-off final consonant that usually matches our mood due to whatever inspired the use of the word in the first place. It can be any form of speech, and combines unusually well in noun formations: fuckballs, fucknugget, utter fuckery. It almost always commands attention. And there’s something gleefully “bad” yet somewhat childish about it that I think makes it rather charming.
- What sound or noise do you love? The sea.
- What sound or noise do you hate? The sound of panty hose rubbing together. It’s always given me the heebie jeebies.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Psychological researcher/sociologist.
- What profession would you not like to do? Almost anything else besides what I do and the above.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “All are welcome here.”
Phoebe Fox is the author of the Breakup Doctor series, and has been a contributor and regular columnist for a number of national, regional, and local publications (she currently writes about relationships for the Huffington Post, Elite Daily, and She Knows). She has been a movie, theater, and book reviewer; a screenwriter; and has even been known to help with homework revisions for nieces and nephews. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and two excellent dogs.
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Goodreads | Pinterest | Instagram
I have read and reviewed all of the Breakup Doctor books and loved them!! Phoebe is hysterical!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Susan! I agree – Pheobe is, simply put, awesome. 🙂